Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Away

Well I have just returned home from a weekend trip home if that makes any sense at all. A friend from work has family in a small town about an hour and a half from where my family is so I hitched a ride with her. Together we drove teh 16 mile round trip to Oklahoma and back. We both brought back family treasures and the Jeep Commander was much fuller on the trip home than we expected. I cannot tell you how extremely happy I am to be home. My lovely dog Chili was so excited to see me I'm surprised she didn't wet her fur. I got to see my grandmother, my Aunt Sheri, my Great-Great-Aunt Billie, both of my brothers, my nephew, and one of my cousins, in other words, it was a mini family reunion. I love my family to death but honestly more than a few days with them and I am ready to get back to my husband and my dog here in Houston. Ashley (my friend I drove with) and I listened to an audio book on the way home, which made the time go by faster. I just wish it made my butt hurt less. I have never been one to like car rides. I just get so tired of sitting. But I am glad to be home so I can relax before I have to go back to work tomorrow. If only there was one more day to the weekend. Thats the bad thing about being a hair dresser, you miss out on holiday weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment